tweet this Tweet this Pin this Email it Add this

Friday, October 04, 2013

Crafting through a Minion Uprising



My minions have been keeping me busy, Little Miss minion in particular.  At three, she definitely has a mind of her own and has since the moment she started showing personality. She is spunky, adventurous, exasperating and hilarious. She has insatiable curiousity, and rarely gets into the same troublemaking situation twice. She goes and goes and goes.  Some days I have the mental fortitude to remember that on the other side of this phase, these qualities will serve her well, she will be an amazing and autonomous human being. But most days it is all I can do to keep myself from dressing her in goggles and blue overalls.  In one particular moment of weakness,  I turned the super fun game of "Simon Says" into the slightly less fun version known as "Yes, Mom." Touch your nose - YES, MOM! Stand on one foot - YES, MOM! I think there could be a market niche for this game. Obedient children, no snippy backtalk? YES, PLEASE!

So I called my mom..."Is there any way to teach kids to make better choices faster? Like today? I need her to make better choices TODAY". Sometimes this parenting thing really cramps my style. REALLY! (not really)  I have crocheting to do mini-people! Actually, in spite of the minion rebellion this week, I was able to get a few things checked off my unfinished project list.


FANTASTIC MR FOX COSTUME - For Caleb's book character dressup day



PATCHWORK HAT - For the cutest anti-minion ever 
(not my original design but inspired by this crazy cute hat by Haley's Headbands)




OPA SLIPPERS - for my dad
(I used the "Modern Men's Loafer" pattern by Holland Designs)




GRANNY SQUARE BAG  - for my mom


Lined Granny Square bag




This bag came together really easily. I'm perpetually amazed at what you can learn from YouTube. Social media for the win. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors